Red Eye Care , and Management.
The reasons for red eye are varied, enclosed are some examples;
- foreign body insult , we offer precise microscope guided removal under anaesthetic
- bacterial infections, prescribe medicines for treatment
- viral infections, generally these are self limited , can prescribe anti-viral medicines where indicated
- fungal and parasitic infections,usually managed in a hospital setting
- amoeboid infections, inhouse and hospital setting management
- surface diseases , management in house
- glaucoma closure attacks,urgent management often requiring systemic medicines
- dry eye conditions, mostly inhouse management with some involving systemic management and thus collaboration with General Medical Doctors , Rheumatologists, Gastroenterologists,Paediatricians.
- allergies & hypersensitivities,in house management
The reasons are varied, so is the management , hence careful investigation is important.
When should I be most concerned about a Red Eye?
Generally when the redness is becoming worse within a 24 hour period, and often but not always the vision begins to be affected. An associated sensation of pain should ring an alarm bell. Describe your presentation when booking an appointment.